For immediate release Jan. 21, 2016
The WV 211 system has been activated by Governor Earl Ray Tomlin’s office, and VOAD (The National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster) to respond to this weekend’s predicted storm. Information Helpline, a United Way member agency, is the WV 211 provider for the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia.
Information Helpline will be monitoring power outages and restoration times, as well as tracking and updating warming shelters, emergency feeding stations, and all other emergency related information throughout the duration of the storm.
Angela Goodson, Information Helpline director, said information will be available in a variety of ways:
• Callers may dial 211 from any landline or mobile phone;
• Agency staff will continuously update Information Helpline’s Facebook page (Information Helpline) as well as its Twitter page (@infohelpline211);
• Callers can reach the office at 304.233.6300 and leave a message; messages will be checked at the top of every hour and calls will be returned.
• Information Helpline staff are available via email at email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Callers may also contact staff directly at 304.780.3278 if there is need of emergency assistance.
“We will be working around the clock to bring you the latest details, and any and all emergency information as we get it,” Goodson said.