Associate Director – Full Time Position
United Way of the Upper Ohio Valley
Cover Letter and Job Applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Strong Organizational Skills
Good Communication Skills
Good Relationship Building Skills
Technologically Proficient (Microsoft, Windows and Data Entry Programs)
College Degree or Four Years of Related Experience in a Professional Setting
Job Duties Include:
Special Events Planning
Assistant to Executive Director
Day to Day Office Management Duties
Run Campaign and Committee Reports
Assist with Annual Audit
Work with Board of Directors, Agencies Directors and United Way Administrative Assistants
Answer Phones and Emails
Set Up Appointments
Responsible for Board and Committee Meeting Preparations
Take Meeting Minutes
Organization of Volunteers
Social Media Marketing
Oversee 2-1-1 Program
Coordination of Allocations Panels
Attends Community Meetings
Other Duties as Assigned by Executive Director
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
About the United Way of the Upper Ohio Valley:
The United Way fights for the health, education and financial stability of every person in the upper Ohio Valley. We do that by raising funding from generous donors and targeting the toughest issues facing our community. We directly support over 40 programs within 24 non-profit agencies. While the donor volunteers’ panels decide the allocations amount for each program, the United Way office does the backend work to make sure our donors’ dollars are being spent appropriately. We require monthly and quarterly reports to find out not only how the money was spent, but what the impact and outcome was of that donation. Meantime, we are traveling throughout our coverage area (Brooke, Ohio, Marshall, Wetzel and Tyler counties in WV and Belmont County, OH) speaking about the social service resources available and how the United Way can be used as a community’s giving plan. We run employee campaigns among small and large companies, connecting employees with the community through giving.
The United Way has five rather large fundraisers throughout the year that bring the community together while helping to cover some of the allocation and overhead expenses. Additionally, we run the back to school shoe program – Lace up for Kids, administer the Christmas project – Operation Toy Lift, and we host the largest volunteer event in the upper Ohio Valley – Day of Caring.
The United Way of the Upper Ohio Valley knows this community. We seek out community minded businesses and people, connect their resources with the tough issues our neighbors face, and track the outcomes as they help thousands of families year after year.